Friday, March 25, 2005

So out of character.... It's about time!

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would become an Internet Evangelist. lol. In fact… I never really thought I’d be any kind of evangelist. I'm shy. I'm quiet. I'm the type of person that rode the same bus in school for 4 years and no one even knew my name. lol. Being so forward and zealous about something to the point that I can't STOP talking about it is very out of character for me. I blush easily. I'm self conscious. So.....how is it that I....Miss Sway.... can boldly spread the gospel? Not only on here is He using me, but even in my offline life. I find myself teaching Bible Study and Sunday School.... and ministering to people I "coincidentally" meet. (i used quotes b/c though I know it wasn't coincidental...it was by divine intervention...some poeple don't realize it) Before I knew that part of being a Christian meant actually FOLLOWING HIM…(ie. Doing what he did…letting Him be the example of how we should live our lives) and listening to His word, I just figured that I would obey the 10 commandments…or try at least…*lol* ...and be a do-gooder. I figured that this feat would be all I needed to successfully be like Christ. But as I got deeper into the word, and the Holy Spirit began teaching me, I realized …THAT was only the TIP of the iceburg.

In the Gospel according to John 21:15-17, Jesus told Peter that if he loved Him (Christ), then he(Peter) should feed His (Christ) sheep. What does that mean? Well…in a nutshell it means that if we love Jesus, we should go and spread the gospel. Which is exactly what His disciples did. They became fishers of men. If we can go out to the lake and quietly sit and wait ALL day for a fish to come and take our bait so that we can reel them in…then how come we find it so hard to lift God up (for the scripture say that if HE is lifted up, HE’LL DRAW all men unto Him) and wait for people to come to us and then we can reel them in?

After His resurrection, Jesus the Christ gave His disciples the GREAT COMMISSION
(Matthew 28:16-20)
(16)Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. (17)When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. (18)Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (19)Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[
a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (20)and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”


Our job as a believer in God and a disciple of Christ is to tell others about the God, the Kingdom of God, and Jesus the Christ.

For a long time, I just didn't know that it was my job to tell people about Christ. My motto was always… hey you do you….and I’ll do me. I never knew that my motto was SOOOO anti-biblical. I can’t have a non-chalant attitude about the unsaved. I AM MY BROTHER'S keeper. What kind of person would it make me if I didn’t at least TRY to tell people what's right? What kind of person sees their friends drowning and don’t try to help? Even if I'm not the BEST swimmer, (or Christian)... because of my love for you, I should not want to see you perish.

Sidenote:
And as a person drowning....you'd THINK that they wouldn't be trying to look at how well I swim...but instead be thankful that I'm trying to help them. However... most people who are drowning seem to want to look at my bad technique (faults)...and then choose to drown because of my imperfections. *smh* Don't look at me... *pointing up* look at Christ. That way.... you'll always be safe.

It’s my Christian duty to spread the Gospel. I just never thought I’d be at the point to get over what people thought…and actually procede foward at FULL SPEED to do it. I figured I couldn’t afford to have people look at me funny or laugh at me…or call me a Holy Roller. But you know what… I've realized what I can’t afford is to NOT do it and be accountable in Heaven for the lost souls that I could have planted a seed in....and for all the people that Jesus, through me, could have saved from hell. When it’s put that way… *shrug* I don’t mind being an evangelist.

I doubt many of the readers from my other blog will read this one as much…but nevertheless, I’m putting this out there…for any that may “stumble” upon this blog. It’s NOT by accident that you’re reading this. It’s not by accident that God formulated these words in my spirit and allowed me to type it. God wants to change us ALL. So…as I pour out what God gives me….I hope that we are all changed. God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home