Friday, March 18, 2005

Making me over.....

Hiiiiiiiiii!!!!! *waving and grinning furiously*

I know I've been away for a few months. And I also know I said that I WOULDN'T be away this long anymore. lol. But what can i say, *shrug* I've been busy with life and with my other 2 blogs. But that's all about to change now.

My original intent for this blog was to answer questions about myself that would help others get to know the real me. However, as time went on, I started wanting to share the things that were happening in my life and began to write more and more in my other journal. I've been writing there religiously for a little over a year, and I am still planning on writing there, but I've come to a point in my life that a change is taking place inside me and my desire to share the gospel has become so unbearable that I MUST get it out. So, I decided to reform this blog into a space that deals with my spiritual growth and daily walk with Christ.

It's like....
being pregnant. I was impregnated with a vision and with a ministry in my teenage years. I never fully understood what God was doing, but I knew He gave me something. At first, I did have morning sickness: I felt horrible when I ate of His word and still went out and sinned against Him. I kept wanting to throw up that thing which He placed in me because I didn't want to be different, I didn't want to bear the cross He laid before me. I felt fatigued, when I got too far off track and cut my self off from the "Thirst Quencher". But then came a day, that the sickness went away. I began to realize that I can't run from God. I can't run from His calling on my life. And I began to appreciate the ministry and vision He placed in me. I've been going to the hospital (Church) and getting my check-ups and reading the manual (Bible) on ministry birth. God's been feeding me good food. I'm pregnant....and my baby's growing more and more each day. It's there developing, getting established, and getting nourishment...and has been that way for quite some time now. God is now telling me that, Sway...it's ready to come on out. My water has broken. I'm fully dialated and now I MUST PUSH! So here is my attempt to birth what God has placed in me.

It's like....
Being a catapillar. I was loving being a catapillar. Taking my time, being free, walking and crawling on any and everything I possibly could, going on top of building and seeing the world from on high.... It was great! But one day God whispered in my ear, "I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" . And He began to put me into a cocoon, which is where I am now... to change me into a beautiful butterfly. Sure, being a catapillar was great, imagine how much MORE effective and free, and wonderful I'd be as a butterfly! Instead of crawling, i'll soar! Instead of creeping, i'll glide! As a butterfly, God will change me for the better...and take me to heights I'd never imagine seeing as a catepillar. So I'm just logging my time in the cocoon and hoping you all will stick around to see the butterfly that emerges!

It's a big change from the previous content of this blog, but it's all still me. I have many sides, many characteristics...many layers...but they're all me... whether you know Sway the quiet observer; the silly crazy vivacious friend that won't shut up; the emotionally driven lover; the sharp tongued truthsayer; the goal oriented business woman; the flirtasious vixen; or the ghetto atl/decatur gawga girl *lol*.... We ALL live here together. lol. Sometimes peacefully, sometimes not. Either way, my Spiritual being is what's growing, so that is what you'll be seeing. I've changed the name and the layout to go with the new content... hopefully you'll follow my journey..as well as share yours. May God Bless us all!

2 Corinthians 5:17

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home