Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Carpe Diem!

Well this week proves to be yet another incredibly wonderful week. This is the 3rd week straight that everything seems to be going perfectly well. Today is one of those hump days that you just loooooove to hate. You know…you love that the weekend is close, but hate to see this week leave because it was a good one. You love that the weather is impeccable, but you hate that you’re stuck inside only enjoying the aesthetic quality of it.

As I look outside now…I am just SOOOO excited about spring coming! The warm weather will greet me with many wonderful events. My best friend is getting married, I’m going on my first trip to Europe, and I’ll be turning the big *drum roll please* Twenty-Five! Yay! (stop smacking your teeth. It’s not thirty but it’s still big. lol)
Needless to say. I’m excited.

On my way to work this morning, I was jamming to my tunes…and I realized how incredible it is to hear something NEW in a CD you play almost everyday. Yet here I am, about 5 months into playing my Israel and New Breed CD and I hear something that just stirs me. He said,


We must seize the opportunity of a lifetime, within the lifetime of the opportunity.


As I sat there… in my usual hour and 15 minutes of morning traffic…I began to really let that permeate my spirit. He is so right. So many times I’ve meant to act on something, but waited to late…and the opportunity is gone. I really do think that procrastination is the number one killer of souls. I mean really, most people I know aren’t where they are because they didn’t have goals and ambitions and etc. They are there because they figured they had time to get there later and before they know it, time has slipped away.

In my favorite movie, (the usual suspects) Verbal/Kyser Soze said something really profound…well at least I thought so the first time I heard it. He said that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

I love that line…but I found that that isn’t exactly true. I think that maybe yeah…it’s the second greatest trick. The greatest trick I PERSONALLY think the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that we have time. People don’t realize how close we are to the Tribulation Period and the Rapture. We feel that we’re young…we’ve got time. We wanna do it up while we can. But honestly, we don’t have that luxury like our parents did. We will see revelations unfold in our lifetime. That’s real. I used to HATE when people said that because I wasn’t ready to hear it. But the truth will set you free…and ignoring it won’t make it go away. So you might as well get ready. Might as well serve the Lord while it is yet day. Because when night comes, no man shall work. And if you get caught with your works undone…*smh* I don’t even wanna think about it. That’s why the first words outta my mouth in the morning is…Thank you Lord,( for another opportunity to serve you) and Let your will be done in me today.

Today is the day. Will you procrastinate?

2 Comments:

Blogger mrcrazyone said...

That is a great saying I think I will put it up in my office. Your blog is very sincere and inspiring.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Sherece said...

I like your morning prayer. *cymple* yet powerful.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home